Are you experiencing minor errors in the QuickBooks application, you can resolve them by using the Quickbooks file doctor tool. However, this tool occasionally fails to resolve certain technical glitches, resulting in the crashing of the Quickbooks file doctor.
In this article, we will look at the error causes as well as potential solutions to the QuickBooks file doctor error.
What does the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor crashes’ error Mean?
The qb file doctor tool is intended to repair errors within QuickBooks. QuickBooks file doctor occasionally crashes and fails while attempting to resolve issues in QuickBooks. In addition to crashing, the QuickBooks file doctor tool hangs or displays an exception. In most cases, users see an error message on their screen that says, “QBFD has stopped working.” In this case, a few simple solutions can be used to resolve the error in Doctor File Tool. But first, let’s look at what’s causing this error.
Causes of ‘QuickBooks file Doctor crashes’ Error?
- The following are some of the most common causes for this utility to stop working properly at times:
- You are attempting to access the files that have been incorporated.
- Attempting to restore files but failing.
- The files are being updated.
- When you try to convert the old version of the company files over a network, the error may appear.
- It can happen when you miss a few QuickBooks files during the installation phase.
- When files are damaged, misplaced, or corrupted, the error appears.
- You must repair the QBW files in order to resolve QuickBooks file repair.
Solutions to Fix When QuickBooks File Doctor File Crashes
If your QuickBooks file doctor crashes or stops working, you can take the following steps.
You can, for example, manually launch the QuickBooks File Doctor, restore a backup of damaged QBW files, use the Auto Data Recovery tool, disable Hosting Mode, and configure Antivirus software.
Let’s go over these methods one by one using a manual procedure.
Solutions 1: Manually launch the QBFD
Sometimes, the issue might be as simple as a flaw within the launch command receiving end. So try manually launching the application as shown below:
- At first, Start the application and wait for the system to display the “No Company Open” screen.
- Navigate to File -> Utilities -> Repair File and Network Problems.
- Click OK in the dialogue box that appears. QuickBooks file doctor re-launches the application with administrator rights.
- Select Yes in the dialogue box that appears
- To open the QuickBooks file doctor application, click the wrench icon, then click Continue.
- To access your file, enter your user credentials. QuickBooks file doctor will now begin repairing your file.
- Select ‘File Diagnosis Only‘ from the ‘Advanced Settings’ options.
- Click on the Next button.
- After the system prompts you, open your file and look for any problems or Repairs Required.
If the above method fails to resolve the error, move on to the next solution.
Solutions 2: Restore the backup of the Corrupted QBW files
If your QB file doctor crashes, it could be due to corrupted issues. As a result, the application displays an error on the screen. In this case, you can attempt to restore the backup of damaged or corrupted files.
- First, make a backup of all the damaged files. These file backups will assist you in replacing corrupted files.
- You must first open QuickBooks and select the “File” option, followed by the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Now, select the option that says “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and then click the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Next” button by selecting the “Local Backup” option.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu where you can browse for and select the backup file location.
- You must first select the file with the “.QBB extension,” then click “Open” and then “Next.”
- A “Save In” drop-down menu will appear, from which you must choose a location for restoring the files.
- The name of the file must be entered in the name field. With the entry of the “*.QBW” file, a “Save as” field will appear automatically.
- To finish the restoration process, click the “Save” button.
Please keep in mind that if the preceding step does not work, you can select the “Auto Data Recovery” option.
Solutions 3: Use of Auto Data Recovery
ADR (Auto Data Recovery) functionality automatically examines QuickBooks files a few hours after they are created. When files functions normally, a backup is automatically saved in the Auto Data Recovery folder. The backup is kept for 12 hours or 24 hours, or for as long as the QuickBooks application is open.
If the error persists, you can use this option to recover the files and restore them to their previous state.
Solutions 4: Disable hosting mode and configure antivirus software
- Disable your system’s hosting mode to ensure that File Doctor runs properly. Then, modify the Security Firewall level to permit remote connections from your system. To do so, if you are using McAfee antivirus, follow the steps below:
- Open the McAfee software and select ‘Web & Email Protection.’
- Now navigate to Firewall. Select Ports and System Services from the drop-down menu. After that, press the ‘Add’ button.
- Then, under Services Name, type eMule. Enter the TCP data for your QuickBooks application in Local TCP or IP ports.
- Enter the TCP data for your QuickBooks application in the Local UDP Port field.
- You must select all PCs under Open ports too.
- Finally, press ‘Save button and restart your system
- Even after configuring antivirus software, if you still face issues, you can connect with the technical support staff.
We attempted to include all possible QB file repair solutions. It is recommended that you go through each solution in order to resolve the Quickbooks file doctor error. If the problem persists, you can contact the relevant technical team.