As more websites are being developed, more domain and hosting providers are emerging to stamp their authority in the market,
Providers like Cloudways, WPEngine, Hostgator etc. have well and truly established themselves as one of the big names in the Web Hosting Service Provider market today
So, chances are getting more customers is getting more and more difficult especially for the newcomers in the game
Many web hosting service providers also run their own affiliate programs, giving bloggers and influencers chance to earn a commission while driving more sales for the hosting providers, so a win-win
At first, getting hosting services for your website would be done ideally with an actual hosting provider, but knowing the ever-expanding market, they realized that with so many websites showing up, giving other users a chance to present themselves as hosting providers came into fruition which is popularly known as reseller hosting
What Is Reseller Hosting
Reseller hosting is a service provided by a web hosting provider that lets a person or business sell web hosting services as their own. Most reseller hosting packages work on a standard wholesale basis.
You simply sign up with a web hosting provider, select a package (if they offer) and then choose a reseller account.
Next part is what you exactly do with it, you can either be a marketer and start promoting the service on different platforms so that user purchase the same hosting provider.
Or you could be an agency even a freelance developer, developing different niche websites for existing or new businesses. Then you could offer hosting service to each of your customer for a price.
So Reseller Hosting Is Affiliate Marketing?
Sounds quite similar to affiliate marketing, but that is not really the case here
Firstly you don’t need to provide them with a banner, image or any form of link and ask people to click and check it out
Secondly as an affiliate you don’t need to manage a user and deal with all the issues or problems that arise. Just get them what they need or you think they need and your job is done
In a reseller host program, you are more responsible for how the user acts with the server and what kind of bandwidth and storage they are allocated for their website
Seems more demanding and excessive work, but you get a chance to earn more in the process, while also providing an add-on service to your clients. Up-selling does help to get a stronger grip in retaining a client
Hosting Provider Without The Server
Effectively, the reseller turns into the hosting provider to the third party. Your customers purchase their hosting from you and you are their first point of call.
Some web hosts will charge a flat monthly fee as well as a fee for the services. others prefer a more pay-as-you-go model
The resellers create the hosting servers and set the pricing. They use white-label reseller to promote these services under their own name.
This in turn gives you more control and creates a new dimension for your business or freelance gig overall
Reseller Hosting Benefits
- You get a chance to act as the hosting company – A big deal considering how many websites are out there
- You can decide how much to charge – Just don’t go overboard
- Save money – you can start out small with a number of clients and as they grow you can easily up-scale your package
- Create independent c-panels for each customer – pretty self explanatory this one
- No expertise needed – Your provider will actually handle all the back-end stuff, you just stay on the front and get those $$$ in
How To Begin
- Choose a right hosting plan for you – Understanding yours and your customer need is important, don’t hassle nor overspend
- Research your audience – knowing who to sell is important, if someone doesn’t have a website, no point in targeting them now, right?
- Set your Prices – As mentioned above, keep it simple, don’t complicate the pricing and don’t go too high so that nobody wants to consider you
- Start Promotion – Marketing is everything, nothing in this world can be sold without marketing. If people don’t know what you do how can you expect they will PAY YOU to do something
Is It Worth It?
People have been earning well-over they would get by doing a 9 hour job 5 days a week. That is to say, don’t think everyone can earn easily with a snap of a finger
Some people with hard-work, strategy and determination still can’t seem to win in the game, but it is also down to luck
So, as a business it is a good start to work with the company, making sure you earn as well as the business, but don’t just follow success stories online, hence didn’t add any here. Most of them could just be boasting 10X more than what they actually have done, in order to sell their service or maybe courses they offer
While you’re not operating your own network of servers, reselling them from a trustworthy source means you don’t have to focus on the complexities of maintaining the infrastructure and can apply your efforts to nurturing your new hosting business.
Understanding reseller hosting is easy and a great opportunity for those of you who endeavor to make web hosting your business. Make sure you understand how reseller hosting works. If you’re able to do so, then you’ll be able to create a great business reselling hosting, provide a solution for your clients’ needs, and earn some money in the process