In general, there are quite a few fertility treatment options available for men. Treatment varies from person to person, depending on what is causing the problem.
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment
When medication and surgery do not help male infertility, different types of ART can help a couple conceive faster.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF): This form of Fertility Center Lahore involves retrieving the egg and sperm from each couple, then mixing them in a dish inside a laboratory so the sperm can fertilize the egg.
- Surgical sperm retrieval: This minor surgery is often a good option for men who cannot produce sperm. The patient is anesthetized, and then the doctor uses a small needle to extract sperm from the epididymis or testicles.
- Embryo or sperm freezing: This procedure is different from egg freezing in that the egg is not the only thing that is frozen; the egg and sperm are fertilized before they are frozen. This procedure helps with the safety and cost of trying different fertility procedures.
Certain medications can help with fertility problems.
- Gonadotropins: These balance abnormal levels of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH), so the body can produce healthy sperm. Gonadotropins usually take six months to a year or more to start showing results. Commonly used gonadotropins include human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), human menopausal gonadotropin (HMG), gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), or a combination if considered necessary.
- Clomiphene Citrate: Also known as Clomiphene, this medication is taken in the form of a pill. It helps fertility by stimulating the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), as well as the production of testosterone and sperm. It is most successfully used by women for infertility, but is a viable option for many men, too.
- Antibiotics: These do not usually treat infertility, but may be prescribed if a man has an infection that affects his reproductive organs, such as a sexually transmitted infection or a prostate infection.
- Erection medications or hormones: Men who are experiencing erectile problems can take hormonal medications or injections to help. Some commonly prescribed oral medications for erectile dysfunction include sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil. They come with the possibility of side effects including nasal congestion, vision problems, and back pain.
Another option for treatment is surgery. However, this is only necessary for some specific problems, so before considering any surgical procedure, be sure to discuss all of your options with your provider.
- Varicocele Repair: A varicocele is a condition in which a vein or multiple veins in the scrotum become enlarged. This affects sperm quality and quantity, as well as testosterone production. Varicoceles are the most common cause of infertility among men, and surgical treatment consists of removing or tying the varicocele.
- Reproductive tract surgery: For some men, the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles are blocked, causing infertility. In many cases surgery can correct these blockages; If this doesn’t work, doctors often use sperm retrieval technology.
- Penile implants: Men with erectile dysfunction can choose to get penile implants, which help them get an erection. Possible complications of this surgery include bleeding after surgery, infection, and scar tissue in the area.
Psychological counseling for infertility
Psychological health problems can affect fertility in many ways. PCOS Specialist in Lahore problems are some of the most common problems that can be affected by one’s mental state. Talking to a health professional about therapy, medications, or dual therapy can be beneficial for men who are experiencing fertility problems.
When it comes to Male Fertility Treatment in Lahore, there are a lot of different treatment options available. Sometimes all it takes is simple lifestyle changes, a healthy diet, and regular exercise for a man to increase his fertility. But for men who need a different option, it’s important to find the best treatment plan for your unique situation.