Getting a child ready for the future world is the prerogative of any parent. Nowadays, parents want their kids to study in schools that not only aid their holistic development but also prepare them for international opportunities and challenges. Therefore, instead of going with the normal CBSE or ICSE curriculum, Indian parents are now proactive in getting their children admitted to a good quality IGCSE School in India. Working parents prefer to get their kids enrolled in the best hostel school in Delhi.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is an international program and curriculum designed by the University of Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE). It focuses on the inclusion of all those international students in schools that have adopted its curriculum.
ADVANTAGES OF IGCSE CURRICULUM
- IGCSE provides an English language curriculum to aid students in preparing for the International Baccalaureate, BTEC Level 3, and A-Level curricula.
- Exams are conducted for more than 70 subjects in 30 languages that cater to students of a wide range of linguistic backgrounds. A student can pursue an education in his mother tongue.
- There is additional scope for opting for either a Core or an Extended curriculum paper in some subjects, depending upon the student’s ability and aptitude levels.
- IGCSE has no prescribed syllabus as its students originate from different nations around the globe. Therefore, they are free to choose their subjects as well as their books from the recommended list.
- In addition to regular written papers, IGCSE students are evaluated on their verbal and listening skills through practical tests.
- The IGCSE prioritizes application and practicability of knowledge, not just its conceptual aspect. The aim of the IGCSE School in India is to enhance the knowledge, skills, and understanding of the learner.
CHOICE OF SUBJECTS
The Cambridge examination board allows more than 70 different subjects in multiple combination sets. A student can opt for at least 5 subjects and at most 14 subjects in all. The core or essential subjects are first language, second language, mathematics, and one or multiple subjects in science. Apart from this, students may also opt for social sciences, arts, and technology. The extended curriculum is more like a specialization in a particular subject. A student receives IGCSE qualifications for each of the subjects that they choose for study.
THE POPULARITY OF IGCSE IN INDIA
The IGCSE board is recognized by the MHRD (GoI), and the UGC/NTA. Globally, there are more than 10,000 schools in the 160 countries that recognize IGCSE. In India, there are already around 500 schools dedicated to the IGCSE curriculum and the number of such schools is increasing. It is recommended that you go to the best hostel school in Delhi that has an IGCSE board.
The IGCSE curriculum is highly flexible and promotes internationalism in education. So, choose a top-notch school in Delhi for securing your kids’ future.
- What is the duration of the IGSCE curriculum?
IGCSE is a 2-year program. It begins at the 9th grade level. Students between the ages of 5 and 18 can enroll.
- When are the exams conducted?
Exams are held every February, May, and October. and Results are announced in May, August, and January, respectively.
- What is the nature of the IGCSE grading system?
IGCSE has an 8-point grading scale, from A+ to G, to assess students’ performance.
For visit website click here.