In this article, we have explained the process to setup Canon printer wired and wirelessly on Windows and Mac device. In order to setup printer, it is important to install the latest drivers. However, it is important that you know printer model number, so that you can find latest Canon IJ Setup Drivers. You need to have a router or modem at your home to do this connection and the access points should also work properly. You should have a device with an internet connection to make this Canon ij setup on computer or on smartphone.
ij.start canon : Official Manuals : ij.start.canon
Use ij start cannon to set up your Canon product. Get inkjet Canon printer and scanner support here. You can learn for Canon PIXMA, image PROGRAF, MAXIFY, CanoScan, and others.Use ij start cannon to set up your Canon product.
Get inkjet Canon printer and scanner support here. You can learn for Canon PIXMA, image PROGRAF, MAXIFY, CanoScan, and others. this site that provides you Canon products’ online manuals, function information, and more. What’s more at the ij.start.cannon site is download and installation steps for Canon ij setup that is required for the complete Canon set up process. So check out the more steps below.
Follow most used and simple steps to start setting up your Canon ij printer, check below;
- At first, open your systems like a PC or laptop.
- Secondly, connect your Canon inkjet printer to the system through wired or wireless (If you have a wireless Canon device)
- Third, launch a web browser (default or any other) and enter ij.start.canon or https //ij.start.cannon in the address search bar.
- Tap enter, and wait for the Canon website to open that will show you different steps.
- Click the Configure icon and wait for a new window to make you ask for a model number.
- Enter your Canon model number, hit Enter, and install the setup.
CANON SOFTWARE & DRIVERS
The driver software is available free of charge and can be downloaded from various Canon platforms. Among the various platforms, “ij.start.cannon” is the most viable. In order to know the download process in detail, you must refer to the instructions provided.
- To download the printer driver, the main step is to visit the printer driver web page. This requires you to launch a secure internet browser followed by entering “ij.start.canon” in the address bar. After you finish entering the URL, move to your keyboard, and press the “Enter” key. When you do, you will be directed to the printer driver web page.
- From the ij.start.cannon home page, press the top tab, which is the “Canon Printer Setup” tab.
- Now, the product window will appear. Canon offers a different ij.start.cannon printer drivers for different printer models. Hence, you will need to find a Canon Printer Driver that is compatible with your purchase. So, you have to fill in the search field with your Canon printer model name.
- By pressing the “Go” tab, you will be taken to your model window with a download link.
- Before you move forward, you need to check and ensure that you download a compatible ij.start.cannon printer driver. To make a suitable choice, click on the OS tab in the upper right corner.
- Now, go back and click the “Downloads” tab from the center of the screen. The download will start after you click the link. You are advised to wait, say 1-2 minutes for the download to finish. The download time may change according to your network connection speed.
Download the Canon Driver from the Official Site
As noted above, there are other platforms for downloading printer drivers as well. Another most used portal is “usa canon com” which is the main site for Canon printers.
Once you reach the Canon homepage using this URL, you will need to type the full model name with the product series in the search field.
Select your printer from the search results and you will reach the products window. Now, scroll down the screen and select the “Drivers and Download” tab.
A list of different drivers will appear. Browse the list and make a choice of the appropriate driver. To initiate the download, click Select> Download, from the section of the selected driver.
How to Install a Canon Printer Driver via Ij.start.cannon
To get a step-by-step guide for installing the ij.start.cannon printer driver on your pc / laptop system, you can follow the guide below:
- Start the ij start cannon driver installation by connecting your printer to an internet connection. There are several methods available for establishing a connection. You can choose the WPS method or the Standard connection method. However, if your printer is not compatible with wireless connectivity, you can also use the ethernet method to establish the connection.
- The next step is to access the downloaded file. If you haven’t changed the location manually, you’ll find your file in the Downloads folder. Double click the file and run it.
- After you finish granting permissions, you will see an installation wizard.
- The main window offers you to make changes in the language of the wizard. Make changes and move on to the next step.
- Now you will be asked to establish a connection between your computer system and your printer. Make the preferred choice from the available options and make a connection. The same instructions will appear on your screen.
- When your printer is successfully attached to the system, you will get a list of printers and you will have to choose the one you are using.
- From the software selection screen, check the box in the selected software.
- After that, the license agreement will appear on your screen. Read the terms and conditions thoroughly and agree to go a step further.
- The installation will now begin. In a minute or two, the process will be complete.
- You can now perform a test print by following the instructions and completing the installation of the ij.start.cannon driver.
Setting Up Canon IJ Printer With USB –
In case you can’t locate your Canon printer after reaching official sites or other, then you can use USB for setting up the Canon ij printer. Or you can also visit Canon Website for taking help;
- Make sure you have a USB cable.
- From the web browser, go to the ij start canon site and choose setup network connection via USB.
- Jump next and wait for the Canon software to connect your printer to PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Hit Next and get the driver for your printer and check whether you want to connect the printer to a particular network.
- Then tap YES and hit the Complete button and jump to Add printer option.
- Tap Add and get a driver from canon.comijsetup site.
- Now, go to Device setting, then LAN settings, and choose the connection.
- Install Canon drivers, inkjet cartridges, and check the connections for your device.
- Configure the Canon printer and Try printing.