Looking forward to your Asus router password recovery request. Today, in this article, we will share with you some simple tips to reset your router.asus.com password. You may need to reset your router password if you forget it or encounter an “Asus router login not working” error. There are several ways to reset the Asus Router password or administrator or Wi-Fi. One way is through the web browser method and the other is through your router reset button. You can reset your password via HTTP: //router.asus.com if you can access the Asus router wifi configuration page.
Restart the ASUS device via the browser
ASUS Routers and Modems can be reset to factory default settings using a web browser. You will need a device connected to the ASUS network. Your computer or tablet will work fine.
- Open the web browser of your choice (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Go to http://router.asus.com or use the IP address of your router in the address bar. The default IP address for ASUS devices is 192.168.1.1.
- Sign in with your ASUS device. To help you with this step, visit our guide on how to access an ASUS router
- Click Settings under the Advanced Settings panel.
- Go to Restore / Save / Upload Settings tab.
- Next to the factory default, select Restore.
- Clicking OK will confirm the changes.
Reset Asus Router WiFi Password
- First, go to the Asus Router Admin tab.
- You will then need to log in with the appropriate password and username.
- When you have completed the login process, you are in the control panel of the Asus router.
- Now you need to select the Wireless panel. You can find this option in the “Administrative Settings” section.
- Now, in the wireless panel, you can see different types of WiFi-related Options.
- Select the SSID and WiFi zone for which you want to change the password.
- Incidentally, if your Asus router does not provide a number of zones and SSID, you should ignore this specific step.
- Then select password protection types, such as WEP / WEP2, from the list of options.
- In the last step, put the new password in the password box and click “Save”.
- Check to get rid of the forgotten Asus router password.
But are you trying to configure your ASUS router to work with AT&T fiber? We also have a guide for you that sets out in detail what settings you need to change to remove the vendor’s device.