What is FISD?
Frisco Independent School District (FISD) is a public school district located in the city of Frisco, Texas (USA). The district covers all of Frisco and a small portion of Dallas. It is the seventh largest school district in Texas and has been named one of the best districts in America by Business Insider.
The district’s motto is “Pursuing Excellence.”
What is Canvas?
Canvas is FISD’s learning management system (LMS). Canvas is a powerful, flexible tool that allows teachers to deliver, manage and assess content. It provides easy access to online resources and tools for students, parents, and staff.
Canvas is the most widely used LMS among Texas school districts. It is also used by schools in other states and countries around the world.
Steps to Register yourself on Canvas
Registering on Canvas is a two-step process.
- Create a new account on the Canvas platform and link your email address to your student record at FISD.
- Log into Canvas and complete the registration form.
Once you have completed both steps, you will receive an email from Canvas with instructions for accessing the platform and logging in for the first time.
If you need assistance with this process, please contact your school’s technology coordinator and ask to speak with an Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS).
FISD Canvas Login Process
FISD Canvas is the district’s learning management system used in all schools and departments.
To access FISD Canvas, please see the login link here: http://fisd.schoolscloud.com/login.html
If you have not received your username and password, please go to the following page: https://support.cognitivismelearning.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=10120003-00111-133777&page=1&ticket_form_placement=top
If you need additional assistance logging into FISD Canvas or if your account has been disabled for non-use, please contact FISD Instructional Technology.
How to reset the Canvas FISD login password?
If you forgot your Canvas FISD login password, you can reset it.
- To reset your Canvas FISD login password:
- Go to https://canvasfisd.instructure.com/login/new?returnUrl=%2Freset-password%2F
- From the login page, enter your username, email address, and a new password.
- Click “Reset Password”
How to register as a parent?
If you are a new parent and want to register, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.canvasfisd.com, then click on the “Parent Portal” link at the top of the page.
- Enter your username and password and click “Log In” at the top right corner of your screen. If you do not have an account or do not remember your password, please contact your child’s school.
- Click on “Student Information” from the left side menu, then click on “Add Student(s)” in the center column under the “Student Data” heading.
- Select “Add New Student” from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen and enter student registration information including first name, last name, birth date, grade level, and enrollment type (public or private).
In conclusion, you may use the FISD Canvas login to perform every task that you would with an ordinary FISD student account. You will also find help and support for many facets of online learning if you need further assistance.