SSID stands for Service Set Identifier. It is a name given to your Netgear extender’s home WiFi network so that you can easily differentiate it from other network names. To connect your client device to the WiFi, you need to open a list of WiFi networks on it and select your extender’s Netgear_ext network name.
However, when it comes to find the SSID of the extender, some users find it difficult. Because, at times, they are unable to see it on the network list. If you are also struggling to find the SSID of your Netgear extender, this article will work for you. Here, we will provide you with guidelines to find the extender’s network name. So, let’s start.
How to Find Netgear Extender’s SSID?
By default, the Netgear extender’s SSID is visible to everyone. But, if the SSID broadcast is disabled on your Netgear extender, it won’t be visible on the network list. The problem can also occur if your WiFi device hasn’t powered up properly. Therefore, before you look for any technical solution we advise you to reboot your Netgear extender. Rebooting the extender will not take much time. All you need to do is switch off your WiFi device and let it rest for some time. Thereafter, turn it on again.
After rebooting your Netgear extender, refresh the network list and check if the extender’s SSID shows up. If not, then chances are that your Netgear extender is not broadcasting its network name. Therefore, follow the steps given below to enable the SSID broadcast on your Netgear extender:
Steps to Enable Netgear Extender’s SSID Broadcast
Make sure that your Netgear extender is turned on and is receiving an adequate power supply.
Now, connect your Netgear wireless range extender and modem using an Ethernet cable.
Once done, switch on your PC or laptop and launch a web browser of your preference on it.
Thereafter, move the cursor to the address bar of the web browser and type the 192.168.1.250 IP address.
Press the Enter key.
As soon as the Netgear extender login page appears, type the default login credentials into the required fields.
On the Netgear Genie setup wizard, select the Settings menu.
Click the Wireless option to view the WiFi Settings page.
Check the Enable SSID broadcast for 2.4GHz checkbox.
Make sure to do the same for the 5GHz frequency band too.
Lastly, click the Apply button to make the changes effective.
Your Netgear extender’s SSID is now visible on all the client devices. Therefore, check the network list of your client device. Now, you can see the network name of your WiFi device on the list.
Points to Remember While Enabling SSID Broadcast
You can easily enable SSID broadcast on your Netgear extender. But, bear the following points in mind so that you can do it effortlessly:
- Ensure that there is a proper connection between your wireless range extender and router.
- Do not use an outdated web browser to access the mywifiext page. Also, remember to clear its cookies, cache, and browsing history to avoid any issues.
- Use the correct default login credentials to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender. Avoid typos while entering the default username and password.
- Type the default IP address correctly to access the Netgear extender login page. Do not type the IP address in the search bar of the web browser. Otherwise, it won’t give any result.
- Verify that there are no transmitting appliances near your Netgear wireless extender. They can cause interference in the path of your extender’s WiFi signals preventing you from enabling the SSID broadcast.
- Above all, have an access to a lightning-fast internet connection.
Hence, with the aforementioned guide, you’ll be able to find the SSID of your Netgear wireless range extender. We hope that this article will help you in doing so. Thanks for reading the article.